Monday, July 02, 2007

Blogtopia

Blogs are like opinions; everyone is an asshole…no wait, that’s not right…let me blame an overzealous imaginary “staffer” for that little gaffe, and start again.

Err-hmmm….

I try to avoid ‘blog-roll bloat’. Not that there’s anything wrong with a really long blog-roll, I just prefer to keep mine pretty short so I’m slow to add to it (I can always use others longer blog-rolls). But I have just added a new entry, The Newshoggers, and I’d recommend my guests to visit.

It has four quite prodigious contributors, and a simple layout with a very handy 'Label' subject search . The posts are smart, concise, wide-ranging, engaging and pointedly referenced. I know at least two of the bloggers have been guests on Crooks & Liars more than once so that speaks volumes I think. So check it out.

7 comments:

Carl said...

Cernig et al are among the best. They linked to me without me even whoring myself.

Anonymous said...

So, just curious -- With the addition of the "Cheney" branch, doesn't that relegate you to "Sixth Estate" status?

5th Estate said...

From a linked cernig comment on C&L I arrived at NewsHoggers, left my own ordinary comment there, scouted the blog for a while and left with a good impression.
Straight away I find cernig has not only responded to my comment but visited my blog and immediately blogrolled me.
Given the quality of NewsHogger color me impressed. Rather than feeling 'validated' myself, the validation belongs to NewsHoggers.

okay I'm obviously gushing. I'll stop now.

Cernig said...

Britisher, thanks for the recommendation and the kind words.

Both you and Carl deserve some attention, you both write good stuff. If I can send some eyes your way then it's all good. Newshoggers has come on in leaps and bounds recently but if it hadn't been for folks like Avedon, Mike Finn and Joe Gandelman (and many others) it would still be just me and my family reading it. I'm paying some forward, you might say.

Regards, C

5th Estate said...

MrDoggity...

ROFLMAO! And damn you to hell, sir!

No f-ing way am I going to add to my limited HTML skills and rename my blog just to satisfy Cheney's concept of reality!

If I ever have any kids and they ask me "what did you do in the Blog Wars, daddy?" I'll be proud to say "I never changed my encoding--now go to bed or the FEMA-bots will come and take away our carcinogenic shanty!"

5th Estate said...

cernig...

you are so polite and generous. I've never promoted another blog with a dedicated post but I was that impressed with the content (and my enthusiasm has nothing to do with me being a desperate shut-in).

As for Carl, ignore him. He's a complete tool! Have you seen his avatar? It's a psychotic cat with with a blazing AK-47! Need I say more? :D

Carl said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Um, yes, Cernig has seen my gravatar...

By the way, Cernig? Mr Doggity makes both Brit and I look mediocre. Pay him a visit.

http://doggity.blogspot.com/